1. Each page / subpage has to have identified title, which should be different and should be placed in the title tag (max 80 characters including spaces – 512 px).
2. Title should be in a descriptive form – should reflect the content of the page.
3. Pages, where words start with capital letters are not perceived well.
4. Key words should be placed as close to the title as possible (in the html code).
1. H1 – textual page title should consist of the most important key words.
2. H2 – textual subpage title (can be duplicated depending on the number of subpages).
3. H3 – each article title (can be duplicated depending on the number of articles).
4. H2,H3, … -> H6 – correspondingly lower importance. No more than 6.
1. Meta description – a short information that appears on the search results page, should consist of no more than 160 characters including spaces. If the meta description is missing, Google will generate it automatically. A good meta description increases CTR, for ex ample: calling for action: buy, read, promotions.
2. Meta keywords – each page / subpage should include keywords, chich refer to the content of the page / subpage.
3. Geo meta tags – Google ignores them, but Bing is based on them. (Source)
4. Website’s code should include information of the language of the page / subpage.
5. HTML should include information about Encoding and Doctype.
6. Meta Dublin Core – should be present. (Source)
1. Can be broken only by the titles of subpages that we visit; if the address consists of more than one Word, they should be separated by a dash (friendly URL).
2. Two URL addresses cannot lead to one place.
3. Besides dashes one can also use: semicolon, comma and tilde.
4. Favicon – should be visible by the URL address.
5. The address of the website should contein information about its language. (Example: company.com/es/contact.html)
1. It is crucial for the website to feature a large amount of text, graphics and videos. The ratio of content to the code should be at least 80% : 20%.
2. Frequent upload of the content is very important. The more frequent actualization of the content the better the website.
3. Pictures– each Picture on the page / subpage should contain alt + title (alternative text), the alternative text is visible in case of problems with the display of the picture, plus it enables Google to identify the picture in the search engine.
4. Graphics and videos – extend the time spend on the website.
5. It is important for the website to load fast. The current version of the Google Analytics gives more detailed information on that matter.
6. Microformats are desired in the code. (Source) Google pays attention to this.
1. Subpages should include link to each other. One article should be linked to other with related content, etc.
2. Important subpages shouldn’t be placed further than on 4th position from the home address.
3. Do not use links like: read more, more information, check it out, click here, next in the text.
4. Pages – each of the pages / subpages should include an xml map, which in turn should be placed under the link: page name / mapsite.xml.
5. Links – there should be possibility to place the no follow attribute to each external link.
1. It is important to have profiles on social media and to synchronized them with the website by the use of plug-ins. It is especially crucial for SEO to have profiles on such social networking sites as: Facebook, Google +, Twitter. It is key to show activity on the profiles and to systematically enlarge the number of fans on each social networking site.
2. It is useful to place social plug-ins on the website that enable to share the content and like a particular publication.
1. Google Analytics codes are also useful.
2. Google Analytics options – tools for webmasters.